Monday, November 25, 2019

Post 12: Photographer Michael Yamashita

Michael Yamashita is a photographer who specializes in Asia and has worked with national geographic for the past thirty years. Throughout his career, he has published eleven books and has shown in several galleries including the National Gallery in Washington D.C. All of these achievements that show just how credible Yamashita is as a photographer, and it shows in his work. Through his photos, you can see the different complex cultures in Asia that you would not otherwise be able to see, and his background of Asian studies allows him to be able to not only show them in their best light but in a way that allows the continuation of the captured movements in the viewer’s imagination. 


Yamashita’s Instagram page was one of the first pages that I followed when I first joined Instagram.
We share the same passion for travel and to experience new cultures. I think this is what essentially
drew me to his work. Through his work, I am able to see that passion and to some very small degree,
I am able to share his own experiences with travel. 

Insta: yamashitaphoto
Website: https://www.michaelyamashita.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 15: What I Will Take Away From This Class

This is my final blog post for this class. Over the course of this class, I have learned several things that I will continue to use througho...